Welcome to the history of St. Asaph
The Cathedral - Parish Church - Translators - The Legend of Bishop Asaph - Alms Houses

Alms Houses
Visitors to St.Asaph who find themselves enjoying the excellent cuisine offered at the Barrow Restaurant should cast their minds back to the days when the building was the home of eight poor widows of the parish whose lives were extremely frugal when compared to the fare now served. Built by Bishop Barrow in circa 1680 the building still retains many of the original features and many of the older residents of the City can still remember the tiny houses as they were with their occupants cooking on their open fires.
Now they offer diners the comfort of their cosy interior and memories of past age.

HomeHistoryEventsDirectoryLeisureCTimes••